20070909

Heineken Green Synergy 2007 South Regional Finals

and the winner is...

Selector D by 10+ points over second place and 30+ over third...

yeah well most of the people who say they was coming never showed up... and they missed out...

who was telling me that Selector D was mess and didn't even realise that DJ Kal had started his set... mmm... no name calling today, he know who he be... I guess some really see things differently and use different words in different ways...

apparently the fourth contestant had Passport problems. i thought with this whole Caricom Single Market you cudda travel with just a valid piece of ID. I probably misinformed or the person probably didn't have that either.

Aight, aight... things got started around 2100 an hour later than originally planned. I believe it was because of the poor turn-out.

Selector D was first up and showed me what I had been waiting weeks to see. He really has a trick that I haven't yet seen in the Caribbean. Lemme just say that the mixer ends up on the floor after he uses his belly and back to move the crossfader. The mixer isnt the only thing that is on the floor for the performance. He also does a Hula-Hoop with the mixer during his 10 minute set.

After his performance DJ Kal, representing St. Vincent, came on. The remark from someone I was having a conversation with was, "Wait nah the second man playing already?" ok ok I paraphrase buh da was d jist... his intro left much to be desired and was a lackluster performance. Sorry to say I didn't pay him much attention and I was gearing u for the final contestant from Grenada.

Slick, Dj Slick d man had argument, style, flair... he most definitely had what it took to come out on top but I guess after seeing Selector D the judges definitely had a task ahead of them. Slick even put on a mask and wooed the crowd with Road March tunes like Jumbie. He most definitely would have won if Selector D wasn't there... and the point total would have been closer if he and DJ Kal performed before Selector D.

DJ performances over it was time for the tally to begin and the LOCAL vocal talent to shine through...

King David and Prestan had a great 'message based' performance. Singing a few of his current hits King David really impressed me yet again with his delivery. Prestan is a great compliment to King David's style and they work well together.

Chromatics made plenty people think with some lyrics... "I'm your Puppet"... that's all I have to say...

Spotrushaz showed why they are Trinidad & Tobago's premiere Hip-Hop ensemble. sang a nice set. Had a nice piece of window dressing on the stage... performance suffered when Meet Sauce came on... I have the studio track and it sounds good but Sauce needs to work on performing LIVE and I hope that the voice he has is truly natural... cause if not he nah mek sense... it sounds copycat-ish...

Imij & Co. performed good. As usual nice tight set but I questioned some of the song selection though. I do hope though that if they gonna continue with Teri Lyons dance routine they ask her too get a pants that fits... I like seeing woman ass an ting but not like that... I was reminded of her sister Faye-Ann's performance @ Soca Monarch a couple of years ago... too much crack... it was the first time I have ever seen/heard them perform without Ghetto Flex as well. I missed him...

The Heineken part of the night then came to a close with the announcement of the results. Two were chosen to go to Jamaica for the Caribbean Finals. Yes they called DJ Slick name first but that didn't mean that he won. I saw the scores. Selector D had the nod from all of the judges, even getting a couple of perfect scores in certain categories from different judges.

sorry no pics again... I respecting Heinekin and WinTV rights...

No comments:

Post a Comment