20070505

Subtleties - Ataklan & Horace Andy collabo?

While I was listening to some reggae today I suddenly heard one of my favourite songs in my head... Ataklan's Naked Walk... now that song is a classic and the video too... the song that was playing was Horace Andy's My Baby Don't Go, off The Big Bad Man album released in 1986. Now the timeline is significant as I know Klanny is basically in my age bracket and it was about the same time that I was first introduced to Reggae Dancehall. Horace Andy is also no slouch so his tunes would have definitely been played at somepoint in time.

I am just drawing reference that a song that Ataklan subsequently produces 10 years later can have the same melodic structure as something he heard when he was younger. This may well be pure coincidence, or it may be a tribute to Horace Andy...

This reminds me of the much disputed Kernel Roberts / Enya scenario. I haffi call Klanny and clarify whats up with the music... next ting u hear he tell me that is Kernel do the riddim... LAVA...




UPDATE:
I saw Atas @ 51 a night and asked him... he claims to have never heard the song (Kernel's defence) and also stated that 'there are only so many chords' in music... needless to say I left it alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment